Job Opening: Development Specialist
Family Voices, Inc.
Title: Development Specialist
Summary: The Development Specialist works closely with the Executive Director, Resource Development Committee, Membership Committee, and other staff on Family Voices’ fundraising and membership initiatives by developing and implementing fundraising and membership strategies. Incumbent reports directly to the Executive Director.
Salary Range: $20,000-22,500 Location: Albuquerque, NM Start Date: Immediate
Status: Part-time; 50% FTE; FLSA Exempt
- Work with the Executive Director and Board Development Committee to create and implement the development plan for the organization based on the identified resource requirements of the organization, including raising non-restricted funds.
- Responsible for carrying out the development plan, and coordinating all fundraising efforts, including developing new proposals, researching funding sources, preparing federal, foundation, and corporate grant proposals, coordinating conferences and special events, overseeing membership, and establishing strategies to approach private donors.
· Create and oversee the production of donor and membership letters and other fundraising materials.
· Ensure proper tracking and acknowledgment of donors and members.
- In collaboration with the Communications Director, create and distribute Annual Report.
- Serve as the staff liaison to the Development Committee of the Family Voices Board of Directors.
- Stay abreast of fundraising and membership trends.
- Perform other duties and work tasks necessary and required for successful and efficient task management and achievement of development goals and objectives.
Qualifications, Skills and Abilities for Position
· Minimum of five years’ experience in fundraising, grant writing, and/or membership campaigns or BA degree required in Development, Communications, or related area.
· Demonstrated ability in securing grants and gifts from individuals, corporations, foundations and other private funding sources.
· Full understanding of and commitment to the ethics related to development activities and ability to use discretion in interactions with donors, prospects, volunteers and others.
· Exceptional interpersonal skills and the ability to interact effectively with members, funders, donors, volunteers and staff in a wide range of roles.
· Excellent written and oral communications skills.
· Ability to be self-directed and work in a fast-paced environment.
· Work effectively in team environment, assisting other employees as needed.
· Strong computer skills including expert use of all programs in Microsoft Office and computer literacy on donation tracking and social networking, and social media campaigns for fundraising. Also, familiarity with creating online surveys, running webinars, working with databases, formatting eblasts in programs like Constant Contact and Vertical Response.
· Strong design sense and familiarity working with print design, brochures, direct mail campaigns, and end of year fundraising letters.
· Strong interest in health policy issues as related to families.
To apply, send a cover letter, resume, three writing samples and three references to: email@example.com .
No calls please.
Disclaimer: This job description indicates the general nature and level of work expected of the incumbent. It is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities duties or responsibilities required of the incumbent. The incumbent may be asked to perform other duties as necessary.