State-Specific Medicaid Fact Sheets
The State Medicaid Fact Sheets, a joint effort of the Children's Hospital Association and the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP), provide key data to demonstrate the importance of the Medicaid program to children, pediatricians and children's hospitals. The fact sheets can be used with state and federal policymakers and can be adapted to meet your targeted advocacy needs.
The fact sheets are available for all 50 states and the District of Columbia.
Each 2-page fact sheet provides highlights as well as addressing the following questions
- What is Medicaid?
- Why is Medicaid important to children?
- How is Medicaid different from Medicare?
- Why are pediatricians important to children on Medicaid?
- Why are children’s hospitals important to children on Medicaid?
- Why do children on Medicaid need your help?