Gearing Up for Open Enrollment
During the September 11, 2015, assister webinar, the CMS Office of Minority Health reviewed the Enrollment Toolkit, part of its From Coverage to Care (C2C) resources. The Enrollment Toolkit offers advice for assisters on how to help consumers choose the best plan for themselves and their families. It addresses what consumers need to know before choosing and enrolling in a plan, such as the value of health insurance, the importance of understanding key health insurance terms, and an explanation of how to discuss updating information that might affect consumers’ coverage or financial assistance on HealthCare.gov. The Toolkit helps to explain these topics to consumers and provides further resources.
Additional C2C resources are available in several languages, including Arabic, Chinese, Haitian Creole, Korean, Russian, Spanish, and Vietnamese) on the From Coverage to Care page of the CMS website.
- A Roadmap to Better Care and a Healthier You
- Put Your Health First
- Understand Your Health Coverage
- Comsumer Tool: Sample Insurance Care
- Know Where to Go for Care
- Consumer Tool: Differences Between Your Provider's Office and the Emergency Department
- Pick a Provider
- Make An Appointment
- Be Prepared for Your Visit