Family Voices Seeking Consumer Experiences with ACA Plans
Family Voices is currently working on an AMCHP AIM initiative to gather stories from families regarding their experiences in the Marketplace (ACA) health plans. The stories are meant to highlight issues throughout a wide range of MCH populations, and not just families of CYSHCN, such as young adults (with and without special needs), pregnant women, and families with and without CSYCHN. We'd like to hear your ideas about what issues the families you serve are struggling with. Your perception of what needs to be shared to improve care for families and children is always right on target. In addition, here are some ideas that AMCHP/AIM has identified.
- Costs: Family's ability to afford copays and deductibles
- Maintenance/continuity of coverage
- Adequacy of provider networks
- Comprehensiveness of benefits
- Adequacy of materials describing plans: Accurate? Were they available in languages other than English?
- Health plan responsiveness to unique issues/ needs of CYSHCN enrollees
- Any other issue not mentioned above that you have encountered, and you think needs to be brought to light
Please Maria Frangenberg at Mfrangenberg@familyvoices.org if you have questions or if you think you or your navigators have an issue that needs to be showcased in the brief. We would like to have your input in by Friday, March 4.