October 05, 2016
Family Voices Washington DC Update: October 5, 2016
Washington Update: October 5, 2016 Highlights:
- Congress finally passed a bill to keep the government funded, but only until December 9, so a “lame-duck” session of Congress after the election is a sure thing. The final spending deal includes $1.1 billion for efforts to fight the Zika virus. A separate, water resources bill will include funding to address the lead-contaminated water in Flint, Michigan.
- A Florida court dismissed a lawsuit aimed at getting children out of nursing homes.
- TRICARE is making a big change in its Express Scripts Pharmacy Network.
- The new Supreme Court Term began on Monday and the Court will be considering two cases involving children with disabilities.
- Read about these issues and more in the October 5, 2016 issue of Washington Update.