Promoting a holistic, culturally relevant approach to health and wellness for all families and children including those with special healthcare needs and disabilities, that keeps families at the center of health care practice, policy, and research.
To learn more about IMPACT and to see more of our family-friendly resources, visit us at www.fv-impact.org.
Materials designed for families, family leaders, and those who work to keep families at the center of children's health care.Most of these materials may be downloaded and used for handouts, presentations, etc., crediting Family Voices IMPACT appropriately.
- Bright Futures Family Pocket Guide: Raising Health Infants, Children, and Adolescents, 2nd Edition: To read about this handy guide based on the American Academy of Pediatrics Bright Futures Guidelines for the Health Supervision of Infants, Children and Adolescents, click here. To order copies in either English or Spanish, go to:
- Getting to Know Title V: This 40-page booklet describes Title V mission, history, and services, and how families participate in Title V programs and activities. It is available as a free download.
- ACA Prevention and Promotion for Everybody: This handout describes the health promotion and prevention aspects of the Affordable Care Act. Download here.
- Family Matters: Promoting Health & Wellness for Children with Special Health Care Needs Family Booklet: A booklet for families on guidelines, tips, and resources on healthy eating, physcial activity, and screen time. Available in English or Spanish.
- For more family-friendly health & wellness resources, go to www.fv-impact.org
- Maximizing Bright Futures Health Promotion Guidelines and Recommendations for Families – Key Findings and Strategic Recommendations from Family Voices Project IMPACT: This issue brief describes the IMPACT Project and its major findings, and proposes recommendations for building on these findings. Download the brief here.
- Translating Life Course Messages into Family-Friendly Language: This IMPACT project poster was prepared for the 2013 AMCHP (Association of Maternal and Child Health Programs) Conference, Sections include: Findings - The Wisdom of Families, Barriers Faced by Families, and take Home Messages, as well as quotes from families are highlighted. Dowload this poster here.
Family Voices Project IMPACT Focus Group Toolkit
- Facilitating Family Focus Groups: A collection of tip sheets, forms, and other materials to use in organizing and conducting family-led family focus groups on health and wellness topics. to view the toolkit, go to: http://www.familyvoices.org/projects?id=0015
- Bright Futures: A World of Health and Wellness for ALL Children: An overview of the Bright Futures Initiative and available resources from both the American Academy of Pediatrics and Family Voices.
- How to Use the Bright Futures Family Pocket Guide: Suggestions for how to use the pocket guide for either families or health care professionals.
- Getting to Know Title V: The companion PowerPoint presentation for the booklet by the same name.
- Improving Health & Wellness Across the Life Span: Life Course Theory 101: An introduction/overview of Life Course Theory.
- The Affordable Care Act: Prevention and Health Promotion for Everybody!: An introduction/overview of the Affordable Care Act, especially its preventive aspects.