Through the Family Wisdom project, Family Voices partners with diverse communities, honoring and engaging families’ and communities’ wisdom and strength in health-related services and research to reduce disparities, discrimination, oppression, and stigma.
Family Wisdom is family-centered
- Sharing diverse family perspectives with researchers and healthcare providers.
- Improving family-centeredness and cultural appropriateness of health-related services and research.
- Identifying research questions that are relevant to diverse patients and families.
Family Wisdom is innovative
- Building capacity through Project ECHO telementoring sessions.
- Building research capacity in the patient and caregiver community.
- Establishing new partnerships between researchers and patient and family leaders.
Family Wisdom is multicultural
- Celebrating culture and tradition.
- Partnering with diverse patient and family leaders to design activities around their communities’ strengths and needs.
- Partnering with researchers to build multicultural, community-engaged research teams.
Email email@example.com if you are interested in learning more about the Family Wisdom project, or making contact with any of our partners.